Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Funnies

I don't have a video to share with this week's "Friday Funnies" post. But I do have a pretty humorous story. On Wednesday, my Little League baseball team played the D-Backs (one of two other teams in the league). Anyhow, I normally don't let my players go to the restroom in between innings except when I'm in the dugout. If you let the cats out of the cage, it's hard to wrangle them back in. However, this situation called for an exception. One of my kids came running off the field screaming, "Coach, can I got to the bathroom?" I relented and let him go -- we still had some time between innings. But I forgot to check the lineup to see if he would be coming up to bat. Soon, the umpire yelled "Play Ball" and my batter was no where to be found. My assistant coach came over and explained that Austin was still in the restroom. I looked over and there he was -- locked out because someone else was using the only restroom in the park. I looked at him, and with a face only a momma could love, he explained, "Coach, I've got to go really bad." The umpire asks me what is the hold up and I'm stalling as much as possible. Meanwhile, Austin is taking his sweet time in the restroom. We must have stood there for 5-7 minutes waiting patiently for Austin to come out as my parents laughed and asked what takes a little boy so long to go #1. :)

Ahhh...such has been my year of coaching. Full of many ups and downs and stories I will be able to share for the rest of my life. I told my baseball parents and I will tell you....be on the lookout for my memoir coming out in about 10 more years. The title will be something along the lines of "Everything I ever wanted to learn in life, I learned coaching Little League baseball"

Have a great weekend!
pbw

No comments: