Monday, May 5, 2008

Scottsdale's Night Run for the Arts: Race Results

I finished in the Top 25 (overall) this weekend in the Scottsdale Night Run for the Arts. I started out way too fast, but was able to back off, lower my heart rate and hang on. After the field started spreading out, I only got passed three times -- which in my mind was not bad. I laughed at myself at the end, because I wanted to use the run to pace myself. Instead, I ended up wanting to compete as soon as the gun went off. That is a little bit of my personality coming out. I want to be competitive in everything I do from a backyard football game to a huge race. Once that gun goes off, my adrenaline starts pumping and my mind starts thinking about nothing else but doing my very best.

One final note, racing in the dark is quite an experience. I lost all perception of distance while I was out on the course on Saturday night.

Here are the stats from the race:

Chip time: 33:15
Overall place: 25
Age group place: 6

No comments: