Friday, May 23, 2008

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!

In three days I will be celebrating my anniversary into the world for the 27th time!!! I am a Memorial Day baby as I was born on Sunday, May 25, 1981.

A couple fast facts about that date in world history:
  • President JFK announces the Apollo space program and promises to "put an American on the moon by the end of the decade" (1961)
  • Star Wars was released for the very first time (1977)
  • Two airline crashes: American Airlines and China Airlines (1979 and 2002 respectively)
  • Calgary Flames won the Stanley Cup for the first time (1989)
  • 32-year-old Erik Weihenmayer, of Boulder, Colorado, becomes the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest (2001)

I'm really looking forward to my 28th year and the plans the Lord has for my life. It will be neat to look back next year about this time and see all of the things the Lord has blessed me with.

If you haven't had a chance to go out and get me a gift, you still have three more days. I'm sure you can catch some good Memorial Day sales. :):)

No comments: