Friday, May 9, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle - Day 1

Today was Day 1 in Seattle and, as expected, we are having a BLAST!!! KB and I got up this morning for a little run by the Sound (Puget Sound that is). I did a little 5 mile out and back while KB kept it simple with a little 2 1/2 mile run. I have to give KB another shout out because her hospitality has been MORE THAN I COULD HAVE EVER EXPECTED. I was greeted last night with a cozy room in the Suite by the Sound, complete with a complimentary Mini-Bar Basket. Look at all of the goodies she filled it in with....she definitely knows me well.

After cleaning up after our morning run, we headed off to Pike Place Market. Our first stop....THE ORIGINAL STARBUCKS!! Here is me ordering my Venti Pike Place brew, double cupped with no room. Beautiful, almost heavenly.

"Get in my belly!!"

Having a little fun in the market -- maybe it's the coffee -- no, I'm just crazy.
Posted by Picasa
A look down through Pike Place Market
"Buskers" -- traveling musicians who pay a yearly fee to play throughout the city --The Slimpickins were definitely my favorite. I'm going to be looking them up on iTunes!!
Space Needle - tall?? Hummm...I envisioned it being much, much taller.
We then took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island -- very quaint island life west of Seattle. For some reason I really loved this picture. It really personifies coastal life in the Pacific Northwest.
"The Pub" (as the locals call it) was our lunch location of choice on Bainbridge Island. It was very yummy!!
Not pictured is our trip to Mora's Ice Creamery which was delicious. We had to catch the ferry to get back to Seattle so we were running throughout the streets to grab a little snack before getting back to the ferry.
Our day is certainly not over and trip is just beginning. More and more pictures to come soon!!
Sleepless in Seattle,
pbw

No comments: