Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TRAINING UPDATE: Ironman 70.3 Kansas

Swim - 1500 yards during lunch today. I also got some core work in.

I have to say that I've felt really good over the past week. I'm sleeping like a rock and eating well -- really well. One of my co-workers calls me "chipmunk" because I always have something in my mouth (healthy, of course). When you are burning this many calories training its important to replenish your supply, which is why I'm constantly eating. I'm planning on venturing out on a short run tonight followed by a nice bike ride in the morning.

One final note, I registered for the Tempe International Triathlon today. The race is on May 15 and will give me a good guage on where I'm at training wise along with a chance to swim in the open water which I've never done. I'm also going to be testing out my wetsuit -- which reminds me I need to purchase one (a birthday gift to myself in May). The Tempe Tri will be a 1500 meter swim, 40K bike, and 10K run -- approximately half of what I will be taking on in Kansas.

No comments: