Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ironman 70.3 Kansas -- Training Update



Training has been an all consuming adventure for me lately. I talk about it as if it is the only thing going on in my life. Actually, there is more but I'll save that for another post.


I'm constantly thinking about my next workout. But with each workout, I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. As I was doing some mind numbing laps in the pool today, I had time to think about this extremely lofty goal I've set for myself. I'm having a hard time putting all of my feelings into words because quite frankly, I'm overwhelmed with emotions.


I'm so thankful that the Lord has given me the ability and opportunity to even attempt and train for this type of race. It has been a tremendous experience thus far and I've got less than 2 months to go. I can't thank those 5 guys in Houston (who I'm racing with) enough for their support and gentle kicks to the rear end when I needed them most.

TRAINING UPDATE:


  • Wednesday -- Strength training workout, core, 6 mile run

  • Thursday -- Swim 1500 yards, core workout

No comments: