Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Chapter Closes; The Journey Continues

I've had one of the most stressful weeks, but it has also been one of the most rewarding weeks. I entered the week thinking to myself -- how am I'm going to get everything done? And I'm ending the week amazed at the strength I found through Christ to get through it all.

Today, I finished a chapter in the book I call "The Journey." My FINALS are now complete and I've turned all my focus to my trip to Kenya in ONE WEEK!! I'm so excited about my trip (and there will be plenty more on this blog about my trip), but I wanted to take a second and look back on the past year.

In two weeks, I will celebrate my 28th birthday. This past year, the Lord has taken me on one heck of ride. I remember sitting on a mountaintop in Scottsdale, AZ last year with my best friend trying to figure out where I could use my gifts and talents most effectively. He suggested the medical profession. I suggested that was the most "off the wall" idea I'd ever heard in my life. Now one year later, I've completed two semesters of intensive pre-requisite coursework for Physical Therapy school, I'm working at a sports rehabilitiation clinic, volunteering at two local hospitals, and getting ready to start working on my applications for PT school.

It has been an incredible journey. A journey where I've seen God's faithfulness, His plan for my life, and how He alone is sufficient when I struggle and when I succeed. I'm so excited to see where the journey continues and can't wait to continue sharing it with you on this blog.

What a difference a year makes?

No comments: