Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday: By the Numbers

This past Friday I took my life in my hands and took three women (mom, aunt, and cousin) shopping on Black Friday. There was no serious shopping done by this guy just some good ole' bag carrying and people watching. All of the men reading my blog can relate to the scenario I'm describing, but I will tell you that the bar is raised on Black Friday. So much for economic struggles, people were buying things left and right (probably on credit...which is much of our problem).

I thought I would give you a glimpse into the Black Friday shopping bonanza by the numbers.
  • 20 -- Number of couples (man and woman) walking together where the man was carrying all of the bags and the woman was carrying only her purse.
  • 5 -- Number of men receiving chair massages in the middle of the mall (note: there were only 5 chairs and several other men were waiting in line)
  • 1 -- Kid attached to a leash with a stuffed monkey on his back. This is inhumane in my opinion. Poor little guy was being dragged around by grandma and he had a stuffed monkey on his back.
  • 10 -- Number of times I was offered a chance to test the latest and greatest middle of the mall kiosk invention. I tried to explain on several occasions why I didn't need to try the new soap made with Dead Sea salt which makes your hands softer.
  • 0 -- Number of times I sat on Santa's lap to tell him what I wanted for Christmas. Simply tragic.
  • 1 -- Friend who rescued me and came to the mall to hang out for a bit. I was very grateful for his generosity.
  • 25 -- Number of store alarms that went off while I was in the store browsing around. I think all but one store's alarm went off while I was present.
  • 1 -- Long lasting memorable experience with my mom, aunt, and cousin that I will not forget for a long time.

Here's to the start of the Christmas season!!

No comments: