Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope every "Running the Race" blog reader had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. This year, I have so much to be thankful for including my new career path, stronger relationships with family and friends, a healthy family, new friendships, a new church, and the list goes on and on. This year, I spent the holidays back in my hometown in Texas. I got up early in the morning to go run the Golden Triangle Turkey Trot, came home and got ready for our traditional Turkey Day feast with family and then football. My Ags ran out of time once again this season against the 'Horns, but that didn't ruin my day.

Now, it's time to break out the Christmas trees (which my mom has already done) and Christmas music -- December 25 will be here soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

TRAINING UPDATE:
Last week, I strained a tendon in my left foot during a run. I heard a little bit of a pop when it happened and decided to get it checked out. So this week, I've been reduced to light running and a lot of rest. I'm thankful this is my down week in my training schedule and I hope to be back to 100% or as close to it soon. The Turkey Trot was my first hard run all week and I could tell I was lacking a little bit of conditioning. I'm thankful it was my conditioning that was bad and not my foot during the race. I can work on my conditioning.

EDITOR'S NOTE: But on the other hand, you can't really complain when you finish 8th overall and first in your age group.

No comments: