Thursday, October 30, 2008

Standing in Awe

Is anyone else dumfounded by this picture?



This picture, released today from the Hubble telescope, is a pair of galaxies known as Arp 147. Officials are calling this photo a perfect "10". In my humble opinion, the creation shown in this picture is a perfect "10".

Seeing pictures like this makes me more aware of how much of His creation and beauty passes me by every day because I'm too busy to take time to be still and take it all in.

The best part (and NASA experts will back me up) is that we haven't begun to scratch the surface of discovering everything God created. There are infinitely many more galaxies out there that I know we want discover in my lifetime and yours as well.

Do you have a hard time putting huge ideas like this in perspective? I don't even know where to start.

No comments: