Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Lovin' It (registered trademark)

Taking a play from the McDonald's playbook, I thought I'd share some things "I'm Lovin'" recently:
  • New Friendships -- I've made several new friends here in the DFW area, mostly through my "Little Group" at church. Justin, Jennifer, Mike, Karee, Jered, Ali, Aaron, Amanda, Preston, Courtney, and Dean (in no particular order) are all incredible people that I've had a blast getting to know. Whether it is playing softball, building a deck, or getting set up on blind dates -- I love being around all of these great peeps.
  • Reconnecting with old friends in Texas -- I'm so thankful that I have guys and girls in my life who encourage me and challenge me on a daily basis. It's been so much fun seeing everyone back here in Texas and I've still got many more friends to see.
  • School -- Wierd, huh? I'm absolutely loving every minute of school. Yes, I get extremely stressed from time to time, but I think that comes with the territory.
  • GREAT FAMILY TIME -- I've had the chance to see my parents the past two weeks, visited both my nieces, saw my brother and sister in law, visited with my grandparents, and saw several members of my extended family over the past few weeks. AWESOME!! I'm a family guy and I'm eating up the great times I get to spend with my family.
  • Encouraging emails and phone calls from AZ friends -- Blog shout out to Rebecca, Lisa, Traci, Greg, Elizabeth, Patrick, Jim, and Joey.
  • Nicknames -- For some reason, I'm the bearer of many nicknames (Bucky, Chipmunk, Burke-a-licous, Tu-burkey, Stoney, White Kenyan, Peaches, B-dub, Peyton, etc). I thought I'd heard them all until yesterday -- Speedy Gonburkey. Humm...interesting. And if you are wondering, I'm not going to explain several of these nicknames on my blog. You will have to ask me in person.
  • WEATHER -- I know this blog is deeper than just talking about the weather. But when I step outside and its in the 40s, the weather deserves an "I'm Lovin' It" shout out. Bring it on winter. I want to be bundled up like that kid in Christmas Vacation.
  • Today is the last day of the week!! Woo Hoo -- I'm headed southbound soon.

What are some things that you're lovin'?

I hope you have a GREAT weekend!!! -pbw

No comments: