Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ready to Ragnar!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow with several great friends from here in the DFW area to head down south to the San Antonio/Austin area to run in this weekend's Ragnar Relay. The relay will cover almost 200 miles over 2 days -- winding its way through the Texas Hill Country. The team of 12 runners will alternate running over the 2 day period.

My role on the team this year is not "runner" like some might expect, but cheerleader and driver. My buddy, Jered Wilkerson, and I will be making sure our 6 participants are hydrated, encouraged, rested, and ready to run all of their legs over the course of this weekend. I could not be more excited (and I'm sure I'll get some running in there throughout the weekend).

I'd like to give a "Running the Race" WOE (word of encouragement) to some members of Team Chariots of Asphalt -- Justin, Jennifer, Mike, Karee, Ali, and Heidi. I'm looking forward to the weekend and having the chance to encourage all of you as you make your way through the Hill Country. Every one of you are going to do great!!!

P.S. -- Remember to hydrate and Gu during the race -- you don't want to hit the wall.

No comments: