Thursday, July 31, 2008

#9 -- Sonic Happy Hour


Three words for every single "Running the Race" blog reader -- Sonic Happy Hour (SHH). It will revoluntionize your life and the way you think about your afternoons from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. My love SHH dates back to my childhood when my dad (aka. "Big Daddy") would pick my brother and I up from school and make a bee line for the local Sonic. All was well in Southeast Texas on SHH days after school.

I then moved off to college where I continued the tradition, stopping in between my 2:30 and 5:00 class for a Route 44 Vanilla Dr. Pepper (don't knock it until you try it). I made friends with my Sonic car hop -- T-Shara -- who then began to provide me with my drink of choice for free in exchange for some music from 50 Cent, Jay-z, or Beyonce -- radio edited versions.

After college life changed and work soon go in the way. But if I ever found myself out and about on a weekday between 2 -4 pm, I made sure I found a Sonic. Now that I'm going to be a student again, Sonic Happy Hours will once again be reinstated into my daily routine.

What's your Sonic drink of choice? I'd like to hear all of the different varieties.

(NOTE: Yes, there are a FEW of Sonic Drive In locations in AZ, but I want to emphasize the word "FEW." I'm not particularly fond of driving two hours to my "local" Sonic. The cost/benefit analysis didn't work out in my favor.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vanilla Coke for sure.

When I was in DC we once drove like 4 hours to Virginia Beach to go to Sonic (and the beach of course...but Sonic played a big rolde in the trip). Welcome back to the Great State!