Tuesday, July 29, 2008

An Abundant Life

Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. But I came so that they may have life, and have it to the full [or ABUNDANTLY]."

Lately, I've been clinging to this promise that God gives us through His son, Jesus Christ. I've learned over the past couple of months that this abundant life is not a life filled with bigger houses, a better job, more money, or more material things. It's also not a life without pain or suffering or tragedy or heartache. Instead, it's a life filled with a hope, peace, and fulfillment that the Lord can and will provide for you and me.

I think we tend to overlook these wonderful promises the Lord has given us because we are too busy or life is not going like we think it should. So take some time today to think about this verse and how it applies to your life. I've been challenged by it recently.

No comments: