Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From Briefcase to Backpack

It is time to break the silence. Yes, you read the title correctly. On August 15, I'm leaving my job to return to school to pursue my DPT (doctorate degree in physical therapy). All of my schooling – prerequisite work and PT school – will take about 5 years. I'm moving back to the great state of Texas on August 16 and will settle into the Dallas-Fort Worth area and attend school at the University of Texas - Arlington.

[CLARIFICATION: I will NOT be a T-sip, I'll be a Maverick. And I'm planning to wear maroon and white as often as possible to make sure everyone knows where my allegiance lies.]

I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life, pursuing my degree, and getting the opportunity to work one on one with people from all walks of life after school. At this point, I'm interested in pursuing my speciality in either orthopedic or pediatric physical therapy.

I'm planning to chronicle my adventure right here on this blog.

(If you're in Dallas and reading this, please give me a shout or shoot me an e-mail. I'd love to reconnect once I get to Dallas.)

No comments: