Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Now Boarding KLM Flight #662...

....with service from Houston Intercontinental Airport to Amsterdam, Netherlands.

That will be the public address announcement that I will hear in less than 100 days. And after my "short" flight to Amsterdam, I'll be boarding another KLM bird headed to Nairobi, Kenya to visit my best friend, Chad, and the love of his life, Jill.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about my trip in late May -- it's uncontainable at times. I've come a long way from seeing the realization of traveling to Kenya slip away to having a flight book and plans beginning to fall into place. This will be my first time to travel abroad and I'm so excited about visiting a country that has been on my heart for a long, long time.

Chad and Jill are busy planning a blockbuster schedule for my time over in Kenya. I can't wait til the final copy shows up in my inbox, but until then, Chad gave me a little preview. The preliminary agenda includes a possible safari, Kenyan beaches, volunteering, hiking, and possibly some inter-country travel. Right now, I don't foresee any marathon training runs with the Kenyan athletes, but if I do get the chance, you better believe I will be up for the challenge. My blog will definitely be heating up prior to, during, and after my trip so stay tuned. I will be sharing as much as my Internet connection will allow me.

Hopefully, this will be the first of many trips over to Africa. While I'm over there, I hope to scout out the area a little bit, so that I can potentially return in the future on a medical mission trip.

Running the Race in Kenya!!

No comments: