Monday, February 9, 2009

Integrity Weekend Retreat

This past weekend, I headed south to Glen Rose, Texas and Riverbend Retreat Center for an Integrity Men's Retreat. Over the weekend, we look at 3 areas of integrity: our professional lives, our relationships, and our spiritual lives. It was a great time to connect with other guys in the church, learn from and take in some wisdom from older men in my church, and just escape life for a couple of days.

I think we all need those times when we can escape "life" and enjoy some time away to reflect and recharge our batteries.

One of the points that stuck out to me on the retreat was our discussion on John 15 and striving for fruitfulness. The Lord's entire purpose for our lives is to produce fruit for His kingdom and His glory. This is where we will find fulfillment in life.

So....
Do you wake up every morning with this mindset?
-or -
Are you similar to me, in that, you see your days as a never ending to do list?

Are you asking the Lord to prune you so that you can produce more fruit?
-or-
Are you asking Him to remove you from situations because it's uncomfortable or causing pain?

I don't believe there is a "quick fix" or "easy answer" to any of these questions, nor do I see myself perfecting this area of my life anytime soon. However, I can start heading down that path and ask the Lord to change my mindset and heart along the way.

No comments: