Monday, December 15, 2008

Back Among the Living: Finals, Windy Race, and Chin Hair

What does finals, a windy race, and chin hair have in common? They were all life experiences that I've had over the past 15 days that I've failed to keep my blog updated. At the first of December, I went into a perpetual state of hibernation until finals were complete on December 10. I was sighted a couple times in public by friends, but other than that I had my head in the books. The verdict is still out as to how I did since grades are not released until this Thursday, but I felt very good. I prepared as well as I could and put the maximum amount of effort into all of my tests.

Since studying took precendent for a week and half, I didn't get too many training runs in. I did manage to go out for a couple "stress relieving" runs which were great and helped me start getting acclimated to running in colder temperatures. The week "off" ended being very beneficial as I ran a 1:36 in my tune race yesterday at the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. Now, if you double that time, I would miss Boston by two minutes. But with all things considered (i.e. 10-15 head winds), I thought I ran a very good race. I took it out slow and was able to run negative splits coming in. In fact, I passed 20 people over the last 3 miles of the race and was only passed by 4 people. Looking at my run as a whole, I was very pleased but realize there is still a LOT of work yet to be done.

Who's ready for the ride?

(Ohhh...I almost forgot. You may want to know what chin hair has to do with anything. Well, I went to Dallas last week to have lunch with a couple friends. After lunch, I boarded the train back to Fort Worth when I looked over (to my horror) to find a woman plucking the her friend's chin hair. Gross!! Seriously, did that really have to be done on public transportation?)

No comments: