Monday, December 1, 2008

On the Road Again....

TRAINING UPDATE:
Aside from last week's victorious Turkey Trot, I took the week off and rested my bum right ankle. Thankfully my training plan calls for two week builds and then one week recovery so I took full advantage of my "recovery" week.

Today begins week four of my 10 week journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon. It's already been an interesting ride with several highs and one really low low. But I'm going to persevere to the end and continue running the race. In two weeks, I will have my first test here in Dallas with the White Rock Half Marathon. It will be my first true race environment since I completed the Kansas Half Ironman in June. I'm excited about getting out there and competing but I have to keep reminding myself that it is only "dress rehearsal" for the real deal in January.

Tonight I was scheduled for a light run of less than 30 minutes. With the temps in the 40s it was a great opportunity to start acclimating to and running in colder weather. It was also a blast too. Call my crazy, but I absolutely feel like I can conquer the world when I go out on a run. I got a chance to talk myself through all of my upcoming finals, see Venus and Jupiter line up alongside the moon, and take a stroll through the neighborhood and see everyone's Christmas lights.

As I like to say, "it was pure goodness."

It was good to be "back in the ballgame" tonight. I'm looking forward to sharing the next 6 weeks with you as I get ready for Houston.

No comments: