Monday, September 22, 2008

A Heavyweight Bout

I feel like I just completed the 10th round of a heavyweight boxing match -- not that I would know what that feels like since I'm more like a welterweight or featherweight. I'm battered and bruised, but I'm still on my feet and standing. I'm smack dab in the middle of the first round of tests at school and I've been studying my butt off trying to make the highest grade possible.

Today was my biology test which didn't disappoint in the difficulty column if you know what I mean. My pep talk this morning to myself sounded something like this -- "Burke, just relax. You can do it. You've studied hard now just clear your mind and think. This will not be the hardest test you will take over the next four years." You might be thinking to yourself....he was going along good until that last sentence. I know its true but I don't know why my conscience had to state the obvious.

As for my test, I don't think I kicked its butt, nor do I think it kicked mine. It was more like a couple of championship heavyweights dualing it out until the final round. Now, it is up to the judges (my teacher) and their score sheets (my scantron) to determine who won.

Back to studying....I've got one more test to go tomorrow. It's Chemistry -- they are not getting any easier.

No comments: