Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Celebration!!

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to celebrate Easter with my mom, dad, and niece. Since I moved out to Arizona, Easter has become the holiday in which my parents travel to see me instead of me heading back to Texas.

We did a lot of fun things throughout the Valley during the weekend, but one of the highlights was the Scottsdale Passion Play at my church. It powerfully portrayed Jesus Christ's life and death on Calvary's hill. This year, the Lord powerfully revealed the extravagant love of Christ and His death on the cross for my sins and your sins. I was blown away all weekend thinking about God's extravagant love for me -- even when I screw up time and time again.

When I think back on the weekend, I reflect on those powerful lyrics of the song "In Christ Alone"

"Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me.
For I am His and He is mine,
bought with the
precious blood of Christ."
May we not ever forgot those words and live in that freedom throughout the year!

No comments: