Monday, March 10, 2008

A Big Surprise -- A Gentle Reminder

I've been "post lacking" the past few days because I'm attending a conference in Nashville, TN this week and have not had much time on or access to the Internet. However, I'm back and have a wonderful story to share.

I'm currently attending the National Religious Broadcasters' Convention. To some, sticking dull pencils in both of your eyes sounds more exciting than that, but for me, it's my line of work and I'm getting to meet the people I work with on a daily basis face to face. All that to say, I'm here to network and network some more. I've met a lot of great contacts but hit a stalemate this morning. This afternoon I stopped to pray for God to put one or two people in front of me to meet before the day was up. Little did I know, I was in for a huge surprise. Later that afternoon, I ran into a buddy I went to college with. We decided to have dinner and that's where God unfolded His gentle reminder that He is mighty to save and that His grace alone is sufficient. Keep in mind, I have not talked to this guy in about 4 years, but we spoke as if we talk ever week. We shared what was going on in our life and then I asked the question. "You are different than when I knew you in college. What has changed?" He was excited to answer that question because he decided a couple years back to turn his life over to Christ. Our conversation turned from the events in our lives to what the Lord was doing in our lives. I could have talked to my friend (I'm withholding his name for anonymity) for hours on end, but we both had to get to bed. I'm so excited about our NEW relationship and the chance to build that relationship as brothers in Christ.

Tonight just made my entire week!! I will remember this night for one special reason -- the Lord knows the depths of our hearts; He pursues us on a daily basis; and though we may fall short and screw up several times, He continuously calls us back into His arms and loves us through it.

I'm off to bed. We have an early morning tomorrow and a **special guest** joining us. Check back to see who that guest is tomorrow.

No comments: