Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boys of Summer

The Boys of Summer are back again!! This is one of my favorite times of the year, especially since I've moved out to Arizona. It's about 70 degrees during the day, dropping to around 50 at night. You better believe that I'm outside as much as possible. But aside from the nice weather that I'm soaking up, I'm also enjoying the return of our national pastime. Baseball is one of my favorite sports -- probably because for as long as I can remember my dad has made sure a baseball is in my hand. I particularly enjoy college baseball. College baseball has not been tarnished by steroid scandals or testimonies before Congress. It's entirely the opposite. For the most part, college baseball is made up of a bunch of guys who enjoy playing the game. They play the game for the name on the front of their jersey more than they play it for the name on the back and I really like that. This past weekend, I watched ASU, Miami (Ohio), Vanderbilt, and Oregon State battle it out in the DeMarini Invitational here in Tempe. It was baseball in its purest form (with the exception of the aluminum bats :)).

Here is a couple of pics from the weekend:
RALLY TIME: Vandy mounts a 9th inning comeback to beat Miami (Ohio)

SAY HELLO TO MY LIL' FRIEND: ASU's Brett Wallace goes deep in the 1st inning against Oregon State

No comments: